Thursday, October 8, 2009

Luke 6:32-35

I don't recall every hearing/reading these verses before, but I honestly feel they were written with me in mind. These verses address what I would probably consider as my largest dead branch; one that negatively affects my ability to bear healthy fruit. With the combination of being a fairly logical thinker and how I was raised, I have always been a person who believes that you get out what you put in - and that goes for everyone. I guess this could almost be considered a tit for tat philosophy. I was talking to Loran about this scripture yesterday and I told her how it applies to me so much. She then asked how. To clarify, she asked if I only do something to get something out of it. No way I replied! That sounds so selfish - and I truly don't believe that I am like that. Because that takes consciousness and a sense of pre-meditation, knowing that you will get something in return for your "works". My case is different, because I only begin to see what value is in things for me when I feel like I haven't received equal treatment, or gotten back what I've put in. And then Mr. PRIDE gets involved, along with his friend Mr. Logical. So now I have a problem on my hands, because I have gone from doing things for others out of love, passion and friendship to now becoming one who's basis is... justice! But as the verse says, it is easy to love those who love you - for even a sinner loves those who love him. Beautiful - I don't think I could write that in a more comprehensive and understandable way if I tried for a 100 years. God of creation, this is the cry of my heart. Please inscribe this message of true love on my heart. Let your love rush through my veins like a wild river. I pray that everyday for the rest of my life may I meditate on this scripture Lord - this is my discipline that must be done to bring Glory to your name, and I can't express the joy I have to begin to change. Mold me God. If you have read this, I need prayer. Please encourage me and help me to be a strong healthy tree, one who bears good fruit!

Luke 6:32-35
If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. If you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, to receive as much again. But love your enemies, do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment